Made a start today, the cables were a tougher job than normal, didn’t feel like there was as much room, a right pig! The loom is a BGM one, superb and can highly recommend, perfect fit and good in instructions, also comes with a reworked new switch, cost about £50
The forks all installed, found a genuine hub, so put together as standard.
A little more progress, headset on, had to ream out the bolt housing which was a ball ache, the new headset wasn’t aligning that well. Cables and wiring all in, plus fitted the runners without managing to scratch anything. The rear brake pedal was a tough find, easy to get the later PK/PX one. Ended up only SIP had a polished one in, a whopping £55 !
Engine is in the frame, just needs swinging up into place.
man the floor strips black perimeter trim the seat and other black bits really make that color pop. but i gotta ask, why the grey grips? they look a little out of place. have you thought of blacking out all the bright work? like the levers, badges, light switch cover and other pieces of trim. i think that would look bitchin. clean build. like the the attention to detail
Finally finished today, got running and ticking over sweet, didn’t seem to have any lights working, checked all the earths etc... nothing, head scratching, voltmeter on the stator outlet wires, only a couple of volts, bugger! New stator plate or re-wire
Runs and sounds great, the SIP banana sounds nice, a bit louder and deeper note, only minor changes on the mixture needed.
Hi Rhys, yes all painted to match, just had the door off to check the issue with the stator, turns out it not producing any voltage, it was rewired but clearly something amiss, I have a new one arriving today from Beedspeed
So, electrical issue sorted, I removed the old stator and although it was rewired, when stripped it appears the power feed wire (blue) has actually been soldered to the incorrect coil, essentially it’s 180 degrees out to where it should be, the output was under 1 volt.
This is the old stator, the blue wire should be soldered to coil below the pick up 7 o’clock) Received the new Ducati unit from beedspeed, despite all the feedback on their service the parcel arrived next day and totally as advised. Refitted and tested running, 12.1volts, connected back into the loom and everything fired up, all lights, horn and brake etc... the only issue is the BGM switch, the 3 positions are the opposite, so off is full lights and vice versa, no issue really, there is only 1 way to wire this so must be an instruction problem.
Rang footman James and added to the policy, completely forgot, added an agreed value and cost under £20 so pleased, just need the weather now to test ride!